Well, hundreds of Australians shared theirs with Australian Traveller magazine who have compiled a list of Australia’s 100 Best Travel Secrets.
And unlike most ‘secret’ lists, there really are lots of surprises in this one that will inspire you to stay in Australia for your holiday this year.
As well as over 1,000 nominations from the magazine’s readers, a panel of 11 travel experts, including Dr Chris Brown, Kate Ritchie and Sonya Kruger, helped decide the final list.
Among the surprises on the list were Wilpena Pond in South Australia — a near perfect oval that is large enough to fit six Ulurus, and the ‘ultimate secret treehouse’, which has been revealed in the Blue Mountains.
The full list is available in a special collector’s edition of Australian Traveller on sale April 3, but here are the top 10 to whet your appetite:
Top 10 Best Secrets in Australia
1. White’s Beach, Byron Bay, NSW
2. Wilpena Pound, Flinders Ranges, SA
3. Swimming with Minke Whales, QLD
4. Baird Bay Eco Experience, SA
5. Wolgan Valley Resort and Spa, NSW
6. Cape Range National Park, WA
7. Shelly Beach near Manly, NSW
8. Karijini National Park, WA
9. Paperbark Camp, NSW
10. Secret Bush Camps of Arnhemland, NT
How many have you been to?